Welcome to Crafty recycling
Welcome to Crafty recycling where you can buy products that don't cost the earth in any way!
Everything I make is made from something that is no longer wanted, be it material (curtains, clothing, remnants, remainders), wool (left overs), sheep's fleece etc. Everything had a former life and I love finding a new use for it.
Almost every item is unique and if you purchase an item you will receive the exact item that you have seen in the picture. If you are in any way unhappy with your purchase you are welcome to return it for a refund.
If you like a product but would prefer a different colour or perhaps have left over material, from your curtains that you would like made into say a log carrier, then please contact me as I would be happy to make it for you.
So far I have only listed 30 products here, but have many more available so please contact me for details and photos of the other items I have available.
My latest project is making backpacks from amongst other things an old tent given to me by my friend Michelle. I'm having great fun customising them by printing my own labels to sew into the seams! I hope you like them!
- The backing felt is made from Wensleydale fleece and the pheasant picture from bits of fleece left over from spinning. The coloured fleece (dyed using food colouring) has been needle felted onto the backing felt. The backing felt has then been put on to hessian. The picture is unframed enabling the purchaser to frame it with a frame of their choice....£25.00
- Hand knitted using oddments of handspun wool. The fleece was rainbow dyed using food colouring before spinning. Warm and naturally water resistant. Fits an average sized head.£8.00
- This is a large sturdy bag designed to carry logs from your log store to your fire, but could be used to carry anything. The navy blue used to be curtains and the pale blue and white panel was part of a bedspread that was not worn through! Approx dimensions 24" by 12" by 13" (height).£25.00
- A unique, reversible waistcoat made from an offcuts of material. It will fit ladies UK sizes 10 to 12.£25.00
- When the offcuts of material are too small for anything else they are made into juggling bags. Here the plain material has been hand printed with a design before sewing. There are 3 bags in a bag with instructions on how to juggle. The juggling bags are filled with rice. These are unique.£8.00
- A unique waistcoat made from an offcut of curtain material. The waistcoat is reversible with the white side being made from a pair of jeans. It will fit ladies UK sizes 10 to 12.£25.00